Frequently Asked Questions
- What methods of payment are accepted?
- I offer multiple payment methods for your convenience. You can pay via Check, Cash or Credit Card via Paypal Invoice. Payments are due at or before the time of service. Returned checks will result in a $25 fee and cash payment for future pet sitting services.
- How will you get into my residence?
- I typically ask that you leave a copy of your key on file with me (keys are coded and stored with no identifying information, in a locked safe). But, I am also happy to pick them up and drop them off at no additional cost.
- How am I billed and when is it due?
- Payment is due at time of service.
- What if I need to cancel?
- I have to charge for cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice because it prevents me from accepting other clients. During holidays, a 5 day notice is required. At Thanksgiving and Christmas, I am typically booked a month in advance. Please be considerate in
the timing of your cancellation as I turn many people away during this time. Cancellations not only
hurt my business, but also leave others without pet care.
- Do I have to sign a contract?
- Yes, I require a signed statement that you agree to let me into your home to care for your animals and that you are aware of and agree to my policies. Pawsh Pet Sitting is fully insured.
- What if my pet gets sick or hurt?
- If your pet needs veterinary attention I will make every attempt to contact you first, but will make treating your
pet my first priority. Part of my contract includes information about your vet and how you want emergencies
- Will Pawsh Pet Sitting train or discipline my pet?
- No. Pawsh Pet Sitting will administer positive reinforcement for pets in accordance with your training guidelines, but my primary goal is to ensure that your pet is safe and happy. If there is a disciplinary problem, I will notify you immediately.
- What is a Pet/Owner Consultation?
- A consultation is the initial meeting between Pawsh Pet Sitting, you and your pet. Most importantly, it allows you to meet me, and to see if my service is right for you. It also allows me to interact with your pet in your presence, which is important when deciding which service is right for you.
- How do I know when the sitter is at my home, and if my pet is safe?
- Pawsh Pet Sitting will leave a detailed note per visit, along with the time of the visit. If a daily call/email/text message would make you feel more secure, just ask. I aim to provide you with a personalized pet-sitting service, curtailed to your every need!
- What areas do you serve?
- Generally, I travel in an 8 mile radius of Westfield, IN. This is approximately the area east of Michigan Road to Highway 37 and south of 256th Street to 96th Street.